Saturday, June 7, 2008

Since my Mother-in-Law can't wait any longer to see pictures

And it's only been 12 hours since the baby was born... patience, mother. Sheesh.

Anyway, as you can see below, we have now increased the size of our family by one (1) child, female, infant NSN 6515080789651. We haven't decided on a name yet. Emilie and I had several picked out before the birth, but we can't decide which to choose now that the girl is actually here.
Details: Born at 06/07/08 at 9:21am (I'm calling her our straight flush child - 6,7,8,9 ha ha, get it?) 8lbs 14 oz and almost 21 inches long. She has all 10 fingers, all 10 toes, and all the right parts in all the right places. Was an APGAR 9 and 10, and as of this very minute is sleeping peacefully on Mommy while Mommy reads a book to Matthew.
Matthew is enthralled with the child, and demands to hold her at every opportunity. I'm sure he will continue to be the eager helper, regardless of how much help we actually need. I don't know that it's quite sunk in yet that this new baby is his sister, and she won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
The birth experience was as good as I could possibly imagine it to be, but I won't share any details just yet (Emilie wants to tell it). Needless to say that I am very grateful to all involved that I got to help out in the small way I did. To all who read this, a doula can be an invaluable asset to your birth experiece, I highly recommend it.






3 comments:

dmaggiemay said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! LOVE YA!

dmaggiemay said...

Hi ! Love her name and she is darling and you all look wonderful. So happy for you all. Em I think she does look like your baby pics. Send more more more. I'm trying to be patient, really Brian, I am! XOXO to all Mom

Erica said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet the little one.